Stevens Community Medical Center, a critical access hospital and clinic, has a full-time position available within its Information Technology Department for an Epic Optimizer to work with SCMC end-users to provide operational and technical education, support, troubleshooting, and/or recommend process or system improvements with our Epic EHR. The Epic Optimizer will work to ensure all staff are utilizing Epic with efficiency and accuracy. Also ensuring we are achieving great patient care results, and is the liaison between SCMC staff and the Epic build and support team at CentraCare. This position is also responsible for mastering Epic application and workflow knowledge as it relates to the end users they will support. They are responsible for submitting, tracking, and communicating help desk tickets for all clinical Epic issues. They lead training of new staff members when needed and provide regular ongoing training opportunities.
Qualifications, Licensing, Training and Knowledge:
- Must be a proactive self-starter and driven to investigate and resolve complex issues as well as teach/train staff. Must be a highly motivated individual with curiosity to always learn and improve
- Must have a high level of accuracy and use good judgement and problem solving in a calm, logical, technical, and timely manner needed for the day-to-day duties.
- Proficient use of computer applications (Google docs, sheets, Excel, Word etc.)
- 1-3 years of Epic experience in any clinical or business module preferred.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of clinical documentation and terminology, and clinical models.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to build a relationship and rapport with other staff, supervisors, directors, and providers.
- Must be able to keep an open mind and adapt to varied situations requiring constructive thinking analysis, critical thinking, interpretation and evaluation.
- Preferred Clinical experience and knowledge, 2-4 years of clinical application and direct patient care experience.
Full-time benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurances, PTO, and other employee-paid benefits.
At Stevens Community Medical Center, our vision is to strive for excellence through compassionate patient-centered care. You won’t just find a skilled healthcare team, you’ll find your friends, neighbors, and family. The passion for caring is deeply rooted in our employees.
Applications accepted until positions filled.