Stevens Community Medical Center, a critical access hospital and clinic, is seeking candidates to fill the Director of Finance position. Responsible for providing overall management and oversight of activities within the Finance and Materials Management Departments. The Finance Director oversees the accounting and fiscal activities of SCMC’s Critical Access Hospital and Rural Health Clinics; responsible for planning, controlling and directing the financial operations of the medical center; monitors and develops the budget process; supervises and manages accounts payable and payroll, prepares Medicare Cost Report and tax returns.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises and participates in preparation and maintenance of accounting, budgeting, fiscal records and reports, including general ledgers, funds and accounts.
- Consults, develops, and implements solutions for complex accounting and finance challenges and opportunities. Identifies problems and implements solutions. Responsible to keep the CEO informed on the financial condition of the institution for the purpose of planning and control.
- Continually monitors actual versus budget to ensure compliance with budgetary controls and guidelines. Conducts internal auditing of fiscal functions and makes recommendations to managers and CEO.
- Prepares monthly financials and reconciles all fiscal accounts. Responsible for the maintenance of records and procedures to adequately safeguard the assets of the organization.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships and collaborates with internal and external customers.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates performance of accounting/payroll and materials management staff.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and communications skills, both verbal and written. Able to work as a team member effectively with co-workers across all levels of the organization, independent accounting firms, and governmental agencies.
- Prepares internal and externally required reports such as the 990 and CMS Cost Report.
- Coordinates the administration of facility’s retirement plans.
- Oversees the Materials Management department by providing leadership to personnel, ensures supplies and inventory are available to support the medical center’s needs; develops, recommends, and implements supply chain process improvements; collaborates with all departments for all supply requirements; manage supply contracts with vendors.
Minimum qualifications; Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, healthcare financial management experience, strong communication skills and attention to detail. Strongly Preferred: Hospital/Clinic CFO experience, preferably with critical access hospital and rural health clinic background. Very competitive salary and benefits which include health, dental, life, and disability insurances, PTO, and other employee-paid benefits.
At Stevens Community Medical Center, our vision is to strive for excellence through compassionate patient-centered care. You won’t just find a skilled healthcare team, you’ll find your friends, neighbors, and family. The passion for caring is deeply rooted in our employees.
Applications open until position is filled.