Making smart food choices is important whether you have a specific medical condition or are working on living a healthier lifestyle. Nutrition Therapy at SCMC takes an individualized approach to assist with the following conditions:
- Adult weight problems – obesity, eating disorders
- Childhood weight problems – excessive weight gain or failure to gain adequate weight
- Pregnancy and related complications – gestational diabetes, breast feeding support
- Food allergies – including gluten and lactose
- Cardiovascular disorders – high blood pressure, congestive heart disease, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, coronary artery disease
- Cancer, chemotherapy, and radiation related complications
- Gastrointestinal disorders – including reflux, ulcers, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome
- Kidney disease
- Other disorders and conditions
Nutrition therapy is available with or without a referral from your physician.
It is highly recommended to check with your insurance provider regarding coverage for nutrition therapy prior to your first visit.
Make an Appointment
"Food is the Solution. Not the Problem."