Volunteering at SCMC offers a wonderful way to give back to the community. We have a number of active volunteers that share a common goal of supporting the health and welfare of our patients.
Here are the areas where we need volunteers:
- Courage Cottage - Read, play cards, bake or visit with our residents
- Gift Shop - Work at the counter, unpack, price, or stage
- Office Support - Office support opportunities
- SCMC Volunteer Group - Quarterly meetings, planning events
- Special Events/Projects - Greeting, guiding, setting up
SCMC Volunteer Group
The SCMC Volunteer Group are active volunteers that share a common goal of supporting SCMC patients. They meet quarterly to plan events and approve donation requests from SCMC departments needing items to benefit patients.
The Volunteer Group members are part of the Minnesota Association of Healthcare Volunteers (MAHV) and our Volunteer Group president, Iloise Groth, serves as District C chair for MAHV.
Volunteer Group Donations
The Volunteer Group uses the proceeds from the SCMC Gift Shop to make donations that will benefit the health and wellbeing of patients. Some of the donations have included:
- Newborn swaddles
- Knee scooter for loan closet
- Slim style wheelchair
- Infusion (chemo) chair
We thank the community and employees for supporting the Volunteer Group by shopping in the SCMC Gift Shop.
Become a Volunteer
We have a variety of opportunities to help you get involved as a volunteer at SCMC. Contact our Community Outreach Coordinator for more information at (320) 208-7803.