Volunteering at SCMC offers a wonderful way to give back to the community. We have a number of active volunteers that share a common goal of supporting the health and welfare of our patients.
Here are the areas where we need volunteers:
- Courage Cottage - Read, play cards, bake or visit with our residents
- Gift Shop - Work at the counter, unpack, price, or stage
- Office Support - Office support opportunities
- SCMC Ambassadors - Quarterly meetings, planning events
- Special Events/Projects - Greeting, guiding, set up
The SCMC Ambassadors are active volunteers that share a common goal of supporting SCMC patients. They meet quarterly to plan events and approve donation requests from SCMC departments needing items to benefit patients.
The Ambassadors are part of the Minnesota Association of Healthcare Volunteers (MAHV) and our Ambassador president, Iloise Groth, serves as District C chair for MAHV.
The Ambassadors use the proceeds from the gift shop to make donations that will benefit the health and wellbeing of patients. Some of the donations include:
- Newborn swaddles
- Knee scooter for loan closet
- Slim style wheelchair
- Infusion chair
We thank the community and employees for supporting the Ambassadors by shopping in the gift store.