Making smart food choices is important whether you have a specific medical condition or are working on living a healthier lifestyle. Nutrition Therapy at SCMC takes an individualized approach to assist with the following conditions:
- Adult weight problems –overweight and obesity
- Childhood weight problems – excessive or inadequate weight gain
- Diabetes and prediabetes
- Pregnancy and related complications – gestational diabetes, excessive or inadequate weight gain
- Food allergies
- Eating Disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders – high blood pressure, congestive heart disease, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, coronary artery disease
- Cancer, chemotherapy, and radiation related complications
- Gastrointestinal disorders – Celiac disease, ulcertive colitis, reflux, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation/diarrhea
- Kidney disease
- Other nutrition-related disorders and conditions
Nutrition therapy is available with or without a referral from your physician.
It is highly recommended to check with your insurance provider regarding coverage for nutrition therapy prior to your first visit.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with our dietitian, call (320) 589-7600.