Dr. Barnstuble enjoys caring for patients of all ages from delivering babies (including C-sections) to advanced ages.
Raised in Alexandria, Dr. Barnstuble graduated from high school in Fargo, and received his Medical Degree from University of North Dakota and his residency at the University of Nebraska. Prior to joining SCMC, he practiced medicine in the United States Air Force.
Dr. Barnstuble shares, “Not every doctor is the same. While it is true that every person who graduates medical school is a doctor there are vast differences between specialties and within specialties. There are many family physicians out there but there are less and less family physicians that practice broadly. I take pride in being a rural family physician that cares for families from birth to end of life. I am blessed to live in Morris with my wife, Ingrid, and three daughters. They are the light of my life.”
- Maternity care including routine and complicated obstetrics including cesarean sections/postpartum tubal ligations.
- Women’s health including management of abnormal pap smears and further treatments
- Newborn care
- Colon cancer screening/surveillance with colonoscopy
- Upper endoscopy to take a closer look at the stomach if indicated
- Family planning including contraception, intrauterine device insertion, and vasectomies
- Skin evaluations/treatments including removal of worrisome lesions and spider vein treatments
- Heart evaluations with cardiac stress testing if indicated