Stevens Community Medical Center provides both 2D and 3D mammography options.
The Genius 3D™ exam allows doctors to examine your breast tissue layer by layer so instead of viewing all of the complexities of your breast tissue in a flat image, as with 2D mammography, fine details are more visible and no longer hidden by tissue above or below.
So, why choose the Genius™ Exam?
- Better, earlier detection. FDA approved for women with dense breasts
- More accurate. This type of exam provides better, earlier breast cancer detection compared to 2D and it finds 20-65% more invasive breast cancers than 2D mammography alone.
- Greater peace of mind. It is proven to reduce unnecessary callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.
- Doctors are able to screen for breast cancer with greater accuracy— which means better breast cancer detection and a reduced chance of being called back for additional imaging.
Reasons to get screened:
- 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime.
- 8 out of 9 women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history
- With early detection, the five-year survival rate is almost 100%
Talk to your primary care provider about getting the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam!