Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is now available to anyone 12 years old and up. SCMC does have Pfizer appointments available. You can either schedule your appointment here or call (320)-589-7600.
The CDC also recently updated its guidance in regards to masks. It states if you are fully vaccinated a mask is no longer required, but there are a few exceptions. Hospitals are one of those exceptions so masks and screening will continue to be required within SCMC.
Information from the CDC:
While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced May 13 that people fully vaccinated for COVID-19 may go maskless in most places and Gov. Tim Walz lifted Minnesota’s mask mandate on May 14, Minnesotans should follow CDC guidance and wear masks in health care settings, whether or not they are fully vaccinated.
Minnesota is making progress in vaccination, but the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has indicated we still have work to do to keep COVID-19 suppressed.
- Everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated can help do their part by scheduling a vaccination.
- Contact your health care provider to schedule a vaccination appointment or visit the state’s vaccination website at mn.gov/vaccine.
- Minnesota is still seeing significant community transmission of COVID-19 and variant strains. Vaccination is the best mitigation strategy.
As Minnesotans adapt to this updated guidance eliminating the mask mandate, we ask our public for their continued partnership and patience.
- Hospitals and health systems care for some of our state’s most critically ill patients including patients who have weak immune systems, elderly and other patients who are at high risk for COVID-19 complications and deaths. Wearing a mask regardless of your vaccination status when you are in a health care setting helps protect these vulnerable populations.
- Hospitals and health systems continue to care for very ill patients with COVID-19 and hospitalized patients who are younger than those hospitalized earlier in the pandemic.
We thank the public for their help in protecting our patients, staff and visitors.