Volunteering at SCMC
Volunteers at Stevens Community Medical Center show they care about their friends and neighbors when they choose to volunteer. We work closely with volunteers throughout the facility to provide the highest quality care for our patients. Volunteer opportunities vary based on needs, skills, and interests.
Current Volunteer Roles:
- Courage Cottage- At the Cottage, our volunteers assist with many tasks. Reading, playing cards, baking or just taking the time to visit with our residents.
- Greeters- In this role you would help patients navigate, answer questions, and be a welcoming face. In the downtime, you would help with tasks assigned by the Health Information Office to do office support tasks.
- OR/Procedure Lobby Attendants-These volunteers are here to help escort patients/family upstairs before their procedures and transport them in a wheel chair when they are ready to be discharged.
- Gift Shop- The gift shop is 100% not for profit and is run entirely by volunteers. The goal is to have the gift shop staffed Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m utilizing 2 hour shifts.
- Office Support-Miscellaneous office support opportunities are available upon request for individuals who are organized, neat, and pay close attention to detail.
- SCMC Ambassadors (formerly knowns as Auxiliary)
- Special Events/Projects
Volunteering at SCMC is a unique opportunity to build skills, socialize, gain experience, and show you care. Volunteers have the luxury of flexible scheduling and free lunch during service.
If you are ready to say “iCAN Help” please complete our volunteer application to be consider, or contact our Community Outreach Coordinator for more information at 320-208-7803.